Banking and Finance, Consulting, Information Technology
Full Time, Permanent
Minimum Years of Experience
The Architect plays a key role in driving the digital transformation of the business by providing architecture and design guidelines during the development of critical systems and is actively involved in the governance and project lifecycle role, especially through requirements gathering, and design review. Working hand in hand with the Project Manager and other stakeholders such as business analysts, technical leads, and vendors, the Solution Architect shapes and steers the software architecture and design for the solution and is a key contributor to the overall smooth delivery of any solution within the targeted timeline.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Define target architectures and solution blueprints that align with business strategies and comply with governance and regulatory standards.
- Own architecture and technical design decisions.
- Act as a recognized technical authority in cross-functional team discussions. Provide technical leadership across teams.
- Evaluate, Manage, and drive proof of concepts on new technologies and tools that contribute to the lines of business.
- As part of the project solutions process, drive, review, and validate the high-level solution design together with the business transformation team and development team for design approvals.
- Lead solution design for projects comprising of a cross-functional project team in alignment with the overall IT landscape of the bank during project execution. This involves actively working with the team to analyse functional and non-functional requirements, translate them into a solution, and ensure that the proposed architecture is feasible and aligned to the bank’s IT landscape, regulatory and security requirements.
- Familiar with architectural patterns, and enterprise integration patterns and possess a wide knowledge of emerging technologies, competing products & services, and commonly used third-party tools & frameworks that can be effectively positioned to solve a Bank’s need.
- Contribute to ongoing architecture governance in the form of reviewing the applicability of existing standards, guidelines and processes as well as constantly provide feedback to recalibrate existing or introduce new architecture standards, guidelines and processes.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of enterprise architecture frameworks within the client environment, where necessary.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to provide guidance on technical and architectural topics.
- Professional degree or equivalent in IT discipline
- Financial technology and domain background with experience in Private Banking/Wealth Management is highly preferred.
- 10 years or more IT solution delivery experience including at least 8 years of experience in a similar solution architecture role, with an excellent track record of delivery.
- Significant experience as an architect/technical lead in large cross-functional teams or enterprise projects.
- Excellent application analysis, design, and system integration skills.
- Able to work independently, good collaboration and influencing skills with a resilient mindset
- Self-Motivated with the ability to drive initiatives and master new functional areas, methodologies, and technologies quickly.
- Strong technical background in integration with a good understanding of API Microservices concepts, software design patterns, event-based processing and DevSecOps.
- Significant experience in J2EE and Java applications development, knowledge, and experience in mobile development is a plus.
- Substantial exposure/direct experience in data-related projects, with a keen interest in data integration (both batch and event-based).
- Experience with process methodology, frameworks (TOGAF/SAFe Architect practice is added advantage), and development methodologies (Agile, SDLC, Iterative) preferred.